About US

My photo
Sean & Tammy Smith We are the proud Parents of little Miss Autumn Marie Smith and look forward to everyone joining us on this journey of information and photos from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth and enjoying our baby with us.

Followers

04-13-09 Autumn’s 1st doctor’s appt. (2wks old)


04-13-09 Autumn’s 1st doctor’s appt. (2wks old)

Autumn was seen by the same pediatrician that saw her in the hospital on birth day. I tried to arrange it where we kept the same doc that saw her as I really liked him at the hospital and his sweat natured demeanor. Her appt. went well, she weighed in at 7lbs. 8 oz. from birth of 7lbs., height was 20 inches long from birth of 19 ¼ , skull 13 ½ from birth skull measurement of 13. Doc said she was doing so good she was ahead of schedule. They also did the heal prick for blood work, that was not the pleasant part.

We had to wake her up for the exam and strip her and boy was she pissed about all that. Normally when she wakes up it is feeding time and she didn’t immediately get fed so she expressed just how unhappy none of this was on her terms. Between the exam making her mad and the heal pricking for blood, I had never heard her cry out loud and so hard like that and it overwhelmed me and made me cry as well. I was the same way with my prior child, I just can’t seem to toughen up when it comes to my babies crying. The appts. hurt me just as much as they do my babies, he he he he. I had to gather myself afterwards, thank goodness I was able to breast feed her in the room so we both could calm down. He said he will not do vaccines until she is two months old, which is good, I have found myself without even knowing it a conservative Doc on vaccines, which is good, because I know I will probably cry over that appt. even more then this little one we just did as well. I really enjoy this pediatrician thou, as he even addressed me and asked me how I was doing. He is a very caring doctor and has a GREAT bedside manner.

I have added a picture of Autumn's Pediatrician. Everyone meet Dr. David Prier

Dr. Prier received his medical degree in 1986 from the university of Texas Medical School in Houston. He completed a combined residency in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine in 1990 at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Pediatrics. He has participated in numerous committees at Huntsville Memorial Hospital and has been Chief of Pediatrics and Chief of Staff for the hospital. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board for Huntsville Memorial Hospital. He has served as a part-time faculty member of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and the Texas A&M Medical School. Dr. Prier has been practicing in Huntsville since 1990.

No comments: