About US

My photo
Sean & Tammy Smith We are the proud Parents of little Miss Autumn Marie Smith and look forward to everyone joining us on this journey of information and photos from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth and enjoying our baby with us.

Followers

11-14-08 Emergency Room Scare

Last night around 730pm, I had to go potty as usual and when I went to wipe, I found a pink tinge of blood, I ran and showed my husband the toilet paper in panic and we called the OBGYN. My OBGYN was not in so they said the Dr. on call would call me back. Upon waiting 30 mins. later I had another potty break, another wipe this time with dark red blood and mucus. I FREAK'D OUT . . . the same time the OBGYN on call called and I told him I was not awaiting advice I was going to the ER.

I went straight to just my local ER instead of traveling the 40 mins. to the ER Hosp. where the baby and OBGYN is supposed to be done out of it. The damn local ER had no facilities to even listen for a heartbeat, I couldn't believe they even called themselves an ER, so they sent me on to my ER hospital I would be delivering from anyhow. So got there, explained to the staff I was 20wks and spotting blood through great gobs of tears. They took me back, took the statistics on me, blood pressure, temperature, heart rate (which it was up during my panic mode) and listened for the baby's heart beat. Heart beat was strong between 163-170 and baby was good. Next they took me into a room after they placed their many bands on my arm of admittance and checked to make sure my cervix was still closed, it was. They could offer no explanation to me on why I had started spotting but it took them forever to calm me down just so they could release me. I never had any cramping or pains, just the spotting and I had NOT done anything that day to bring it on. Baby was moving the whole time.

No comments: