About US

My photo
Sean & Tammy Smith We are the proud Parents of little Miss Autumn Marie Smith and look forward to everyone joining us on this journey of information and photos from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth and enjoying our baby with us.

Followers

August 2008 - Symptoms to lead us to believe we are Pregnant

The last two – three weeks of August 2008 I thought I had come down with a major stomach virus, lot of diarehha, exhaustion and nausea. Was hitting the medicine cabinet for over the counter drugs to try to cure my stomach virus. I was a bit stressed as well because I was dealing with issues with my son getting out of jail so both Sean and I were also thinking the stomach issues resulted from my stress levels.
The last week of the stomach virus it dawned on me I was late on my period because it was the end of the month and I had failed to start for that month and I could not kick the stomach virus. So Sean stopped off and picked up some EPT Certainty test and on July 28th, 2008, I took my first in home pregnancy test. The test came back positive showing I was pregnant.
I was nervous about taking the test as I had a feeling I was pregnant. I couldn’t even look at the results, I was sitting on the couch next to Sean, sort of behind him as he sat to the front of the couch and I was letting him read the results first. He cut his eyes back and me in a way that something was wrong and I screamed “What” and he showed me the test and it showed I was pregnant. We both were of course in total shock, but now we know why I was so sick.
I called and set up an appointment with an OBGYN for another pregnancy test through a clinic and to discuss the pregnancy risks at my age. My appointment is September 9th, 2008.
July 30th, 2008, we re-took the in home pregnancy test just to be sure and it came back with the same results, pregnant. I also told my mother & step dad, that day of my pregnancy.

No comments: