About US

My photo
Sean & Tammy Smith We are the proud Parents of little Miss Autumn Marie Smith and look forward to everyone joining us on this journey of information and photos from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth and enjoying our baby with us.

Followers

06-09-09 Emergency Doctor's Appt. with Autumn/Blood In Stool

Had a worried evening yesterday (Monday), my 2 1/2 mo. old had blood in her stool, so I put in a call to the doctor, we have an appt. set up today, mid afternoon and I will watch the diapers to see if she continues to have them. This is very odd as she is a breast fed baby only, so it is something I have taken in is our best guess that her digestive tract is reacting too. The nurse I spoke to yesterday said they will run a culture on her stool if it keeps up today before the appt.Besides that she is acting NORMAL

She is not feeling bad, THANK GOODNESS, she is just having blood in her stools, only thing I have changed is I went back on my vitamins, which of course is changing my urine to be real yellow. Sooooooooooo, hence the mystery. I checked my milk and all looks fine with it by sight. I do know yesterday she wanted to keep me drained so that may have stressed out her digestive tract overloading it. We will see as she has more dirty diapers this morning for me to go off of.

She just woke up at 9am, I fed her and she had a dirty diaper, normal routine, again it still has some blood in it. I grabbed up the stool sample, I will get a stool sample per dirty diaper she has between now and appt. time, gosh I am just a wreck, sob sob sob

Baby girl Autumn is OKAY, she has a small paper cut size tear at the top of her rectum opening and Doc said rectum tears bleed a LOT, so Vaseline for four days with each diaper change and all should be well. THANK GOODNESS, I was so upset and bent out of shape. Seeing blood on your child is enough to send you over the edge and I was there, geeezzz. Now to stop crying from relief.

No comments: